Mortgage renewal time is an opportunity for homeowners to examine how hard their mortgage – and mortgage provider – is working to make the most of their money. Salmon Arm Savings and Credit Union (SASCU)* recognized this. They also recognized mortgage renewal time as an ideal opportunity to deepen their relationship with current members and to forge new in-roads with potential members.
SASCU asked us to help them find a creative and strategic way to reach out to members and potential members about mortgage renewal. We were happy to help.
SASCU is a vibrant, community hearted-credit union that is guided by a promise to provide world class products and services for every phase of their members’ lives. While they can compete on rate and have a wide range of mortgage products for members to choose from, that wasn’t the goal of this campaign. Instead, they simply wanted to find a way to:
- start a conversation about mortgage renewal
- empower members/potential members to initiate further contact
- facilitate a one-to-one ‘mortgage check-up’ with members/potential prior to renewing their mortgage
We worked closely with Deanie Foley Gillespie, SASCU’s Marketing Manager to ensure that the concept would:
- resonate with the target audience
- reflect something that staff could get behind
- differentiate SASCU in the mortgage renewal landscape
- establish a feeling of relationship rather than ‘sell’
A contest to win a weekend for two at a nearby spa provided incentive for members/potential members to initiate contact with SASCU. This prize reinforced the concept of ‘renewal’ perfectly.